May 16, 2009

Harrisonburg and VMI- the longest blog post you'll ever see.

I went to Harrisonburg for the night on my way to pick up Keith from VMI. Heather Stinson and I drove to North Fork to pick up a cello and it was SO good to see her. Heather, I don't know if you read my blog but I loved that drive and I am excited to hear about your summer in MONTANA.

Jess and I biked to Dave's and ate there with Matt, Lauren, and Tim. I've never seen so many adults there in my life. It's like all the grownups came out of hiding once the college students went home. For real.

Sidd invited me to The Sweet Tea Home's BBQ- so I went and played volleyball with Sidd, Mike Hudson, Andrew Pham, and some other music majors. I lost both times BUT the second game we had a sweet comeback (team raw power!) It was nice to see everyone after being away for so long. It was weird that it didn't feel weird. That's a feeling I'll elaborate on in a different post. Sidd's going to Kazakhstan for 2 and a half years with the Peace Corps and since I'm going back on tour with IC, yesterday's probably the last time I'll see him before he goes. It was nice to sit on the porch with him again and catch up. I told Sidd about Oprah and his response was the greatest one I've gotten so far. Most people think it's cool and exciting and whatnot, but Sidd really understood how great of an accomplishment that was for IC and for what we are trying to do. He stood up and gave me a hug. Sidd, if you read my blog, thanks for hanging out. You will be missed when you're away. p.s. next time we'll win the volleyball game.

Note: A bunch of people said they saw the IC van when the Mid-Atlantic team was there. I thought that was cool.

After BBQ, it was back to The Girls' House for the traditional game of Shitaco. I have a confession, Jess... I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT SHITACO while on tour. I'll have to bring it back for summer. Oh and Catch Phrase was good too, which resulted in Tim making a latenight run to Walmart for some brownie mix that we made with the Magik Maker.

I got a call last night from somebody who had dialed the wrong number. Of course when I hang out in Harrisonburg, pranks just happen, and so Matt decided to call them back pretending to be "Jackie" the person they were looking for. Here's a portion of that whole event: (see video)



After stuffing our faces with Magik Maker brownies, Jess and I slept outside on the porch. The last 2 nights in San Diego, I slept outside on the balcony. I loved it so much and I've decided I want to do that more often. I had my sleeping bag too so it felt like I was still a roadie :)

Alright so after Harrisonburg, I was off to VMI to pick up Keith from school. On the left here is Keith hanging out his dorm window. I helped him bring all his stuff down from his dorm and got to see the inside of his barracks. It reminded me of Prison Break. Keith thought it was funny to see all his friends in normal clothes instead of their military uniforms.

We were on our way home and stopped back in Harrisonburg to get some TACO TRUCK!!!! It was pouring rain when we got there and the guys in the truck probably were so surprised they were even getting business. It was the tastiest burrito I've ever had from the taco truck. It looks like they've upped their game. Thank youuuuu Taco Truck!


Jess- I love you and know you will love North Carolina... or Europe... or Hawaii... or... wherever life takes you. I will miss you SO much and you better come back and visit The Girls' House or else. And we still need to bike across the country... don't forget!


Phew! If you made it through this entire post, you are a true friend...or a stalker. Regardless, thank you for having an interest in my life.

2 comments:

Jessica Weindl said...

hAHAH! can I be a true friend and a staulker?

Jessica Weindl said...

Ahhh crap i misspelled stalker